About Dr. Ken Tindell
Dr. Ken Tindell is the CTO of Canis Automotive Labs. He has been involved with CAN since the mid-90s and has extensive experience in the automotive industry.
- He co-founded LiveDevices (later acquired by Bosch)
- He co-founded Volcano Communications Technologies (later acquired by Mentor Graphics)
- His PhD is in real-time systems, and he produced the first timing analysis for CAN and also originated the concept of holistic scheduling to tackle the co-dependency between CPU and bus scheduling.
- He worked with Volvo Cars on the CAN networking in the P2X platform and was one of the team that in 1999 won the Volvo Technology Award for in-car networking.
His focus today as CTO of Canis Labs is on augmenting CAN for both performance and security with the new CAN-HG protocol, upgrading CAN for today’s challenges. He is developing intrusion detection and prevention systems (IDPS) technology for CAN that uses CAN-HG to defeat various attacks on the CAN bus.
You can contact him:
- On LinkedIn at linkedin.com/in/kentindell/
- By email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- On Mastodon at @email@example.com